1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature (2 sticks)
1 cup of flour
1 cup of cornstarch
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of confectioners (powdered) sugar
Walnuts - one half cup finely chopped
1. In a medium sized glass bowl, mix your flour, cornstarch, and salt together and set aside.
2. Using your electric mixer (or hand mixer and bowl), add in butter and sugar. Beat until it is fluffy. I give it about one to two minutes.
3. Add in vanilla into butter and sugar mixture
4. Add in the dry ingredients (flour mixture) until it is all incorporated. If you wanted to add finely chopped walnuts, you can add them now.
5. Once you have a nice dough, shape it into the glass bowl and cover in the fridge for about 1 hour.
6. Once it has been one hour, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Don't worry, the cookies will be really easy to just slide off
7. Take your cookies and mold them how you want with your hands. I made them into round shaped balls and then used a fork to press down. In the Bosnian fashion, they make a long row and then cut them into pieces. Whatever your preference is, it will due. I recommend making them small because if it's too big, it will take longer to cook.
8. Line all your cookies on the baking sheet. This will make about 2 to 3 dozen cookies, so you will have to either wait for one to be done or have another baking sheet ready. Pop them into the oven for about 13 to 15 minutes.
9. Take the cookies out to cool. Once they are cooled, sprinkle them with more confectioners sugar on top. (Otherwise the sugar will just melt)
10. Enjoy! :)
Post a Comment