It's JUNE!! I can't believe we're already into the 6th month of 2017! What! I feel like we're still in March! It's crazy how time flies.
Since it's almost time for summer, I thought I would do a summer essentials post! I have provided a list of things I believe every girl needs for their 2017 summer!
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. I know we all wanna get our tans on, but ladies, sunscreen is a MUST. It will protect you from the sun's rays, which in result will save you from skin cancer, but it also does give you a great tan... not as fast, but you will still get one, nonetheless. I use this one (below), it comes in a bottled lotion and spray form. I like to use the spray for my body and the bottled lotion for my face. Sometimes I'll even have sunscreen specifically for my face but if not, I use that one and I'm still good!
- Swimsuits! I know this is one of my favorite seasons and it's primarily because of the cute swimsuits. I recently bought a few from target. One of my favorites is an olive green one-piece. This is the one that I bought and absolutely adore, in the color "Green Earth". This one-piece is very cute as well! I have found that one-piece swimsuits are very "in" right now, as well as any patterned tops, such as this, this, or this. I also really love this one-piece swimsuit in red. Something about that red color really makes me love it!! And of course, make sure you have a towel if you're going to the pool or beach.
- Makeup. I know that may girls want to wear makeup and slay in the hot weather, but you really don't need that much to slay. The only thing that I like to wear is mascara and maybe a pop of highlight. That's it. I know what you're thinking, is she crazy? I love makeup as much as the next girl but when the weather is beautiful out, there is no need to go all out. Maybe for dinner or going out at night, but for daytime, you really don't need as much. Now, I'm not telling anybody what to do with their bodies, but all I know is, all of us can slay with and without it. This Voluminous Waterproof Mascara is my absolute FAVORITE mascara ever! It truly is waterproof and is amazing when I put it on my lashes. L'Oreal even came out with a Better-Than-Sex drugstore dup, known as Voluminous Lash Paradise and it's literally the same because it covers my lashes the same way and is affordable! And, of course, my favorite highlight is Champagne Pop by Becca. I've been using it ever since it came out and I'm still obsessed.
- Water. Make sure you stay hydrated so you don't pass out. The sun can cause many people to pass out if they become dehydrated, so please carry at least 1 water bottle with you wherever you go. I carry one in my car at all times. This is the one that I have, directly bought from Amazon. I like it because it's not a plastic bottle so it's not exposed to the sun and the chemicals from the plastic won't effect the water, as well as keeping my water cool all day.
- Music. There are a lot of summer hits already. The song that pops into my head is Swish Swish by Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj, as well as I'm the One by DJ Khalad, Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper Lil Wayne, and Quavo. For my Bosnian folks, I've been obsessed with Lana Jurcevic - Kim Kardashian, Milica Todorovic - Cure Privode (kinda old), and OBSESSED with Sandra Afrika - R.I.P.
- Sunglasses. I recently was sick of all the sunglasses I had and decided to purchase a good quality pair. I went with Quay x Desi Perkins with the black frame and silver inside. They just came in the mail the other day and I am in LOVE. They are so comfortable and cover my eyes entirely. I think they are really great quality and want to buy one in every color now.
What are some of your go-to summer essentials!? Is summer your favorite season too?!