All credit goes to @TheGoldenBalance on Instagram & TikTok - You can find the video here.
This recipe is suuuuper easy and suuuper yummy. I think I've already made it like 5 times and I'm not going to stop. I can't believe how flavorful it is and how much it doesn't taste like lemon. Honestly the flavors just beautifully combine and come out so delicious.
4 chicken thighs
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1 Jalapeño, diced
1 shallot (or half an onion), diced
•Lemon Pepper (I used Lawry's)
- Put a skillet to heat with some oil.
- Massage your chicken thighs with chicken bullion and lemon pepper to however much your heart desires on both sides.
- Sear the chicken on the pan - skin side down first - until you get a beautiful caramelized coating. Remember to flip sides.
- Take out the chicken and to the same pan, 3add in your diced jalapeño and diced onion to the skillet. Let that cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add in your washed rice and season with chicken bullion and lemon pepper to your liking. Mix.
- Add in 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken thighs back in and turn down to a simmer. Cover for about 15 minutes. Do not touch them for the whole 15 minutes.
- Finish it off with lemon juice and cilantro.