My favorite thing to eat as the weather is getting colder is chili. I made a wonderful chicken chili in my instant pot and wanted to share the recipe! Let me know if you decide to make it too and if you liked it!
2 chicken breasts -or- sliced chicken breasts (i used the pre-sliced ones - you can even use chicken tenderloins)
15 oz can of white beans, drained
15oz can of black beans, drained
15oz can of corn, drained
10 oz can of rotel - original - with all juices
1 medium onion, diced
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of chili powder (depending on how spicy you want it, use more or less)
1 tsp of crushed pepper flakes
1/2 cup of chicken broth
8 oz package of cream cheese
Tortilla strips for topping
Shredded cheese for topping
1. Place your chicken at the bottom of the instant pot. Then follow with drained beans, corn, chopped onion, rotel, and chicken broth.
2. On top of that, add your spices- cumin, chili powder, crushed pepper flakes.
3. Stir all ingredients but make sure to keep the chicken at the bottom. Lift the chicken a little bit to have the juices go underneath so it doesn't burn.
4. Cut your cream cheese into squares - doesn't matter how many - and put it on top.
5. Cover and seal the lid and set to 'sealing' position. Enter 20 minutes manually for high pressure.
Once the 20 minutes is done, leave the instant pot to naturally depressurize for about 20 minutes and then set the valve to venting afterwards to completely release all the pressure.
6. Remove the chicken breasts and shred them (if needed) and put them back in the instant pot and stir. (I bought the really thinly sliced chicken breast so when it was done cooking, it just fell apart on its own so I didn't really need to shred it. If you bought the big chicken breasts, you may have to)
I topped mine with tortilla strips and cheese. Enjoy :)